Easy Apple Strudel - serves 6-8 and can be doubled easily
- 2 packages of Vegan puff pastry (usually found in the freezer section of your grocery store)
- 7-8 sweet apples
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Splash of lemon juice
- Take the puff pastry out to thaw according to the package instructions.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Peel/core and thinly slice apples and toss with lemon juice.
- Add cinnamon, cardamon and maple syrup and toss to coat.
- Layout 1 piece of the pastry dough on a slightly floured surface and add 1/4 of the apple mixture onto half of the pastry. Fold over and pinch the edges. Repeat with the next 3 pieces of dough.
- Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and put in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy hot or let it come to room temperature. Serve with Vegan ice cream-YUM!
PUMPKIN PIE – SERVES 8
- 2 cups of canned Pureed Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup full fat Coconut milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup each: organic cornstarch and maple syrup
- 1 tsp each: vanilla and cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp each: salt and nutmeg
- 1 Store bought vegan pie crust – do not precook
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. You can use a hand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 60 minutes. The middle should be a bit wobbly.
- Let cool and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Top with Vegan whipped cream and a light sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve with Vegan ice cream.
If you don't have time or don't feel like making from scratch, there are a ton of choices out there! One of my favorites are the cheesecakes and key lime pies made by Daiya. Never have any of my friends or family realized these were plant based.
There is also a huge variety of non-dairy ice creams and most stores are offering plant based desserts in their bakery section. If they don't, just ask!