No Bake Chocolate Fudge Cookies
For the wet ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the dry ingredients:
- 7 tablespoons (50 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons (35 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Line a large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Whisk in the sunflower seed butter, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until smooth. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the oats, coconut, chia seeds, and salt into the pot and stir well until combined. The mixture will be thick, dense, oily, and gel-like (from the chia seeds), but this is normal. Swear.
- Using a retractable ice cream scoop (approximately 2 tablespoons/30 mL) or simply a spoon, scoop the dough and place the mound onto the plate, leaving a bit of space between each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the freezer to set for about 10 to 15 minutes, until firm, or simply chill in the fridge if you have the patience.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week, or freeze them for up to 4 to 6 weeks.
Recipe and photo courtesy of ohsheglows.com