The good thing about Chili is you can add just about anything you like. So feel free to experiment. This freezes well and makes 4-6 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 1 of Each: Green and Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Large Can of Chopped Tomatoes, including liquid
- 1 Large Can Each: Black Beans, Kidnet Beans, Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. Each: Chili Powder, Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onions, carrots, peppers, salt and pepper and cook until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and add garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid and stock. Turn up heat and bring to a boil.
- Add all beans and cook for about 20 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add a cup of chopped mushrooms, zucchini or a diced jalapeno in Step 1.
- Use any type of beans you like.
- Top with chopped cilantro, pesto or vegan cheese.